Heat Treatment is a service ZA Heat & NDT Services cc provides, designed to overcome thermal technology problems, both now and in the future. For any client loss of operational capacity can be costly and at ZA Heat & NDT, we have the ability to respond quickly with positive analysis and recommendations coupled with in-house technical expertise.
ZA Heat & NDT produce the economic and technically correct equipment to solve problems quickly and efficiently, to ensure the optimum solution has been determined. Our on-site service is of the highest quality & expertise.
ON-SITE SERVICES INCLUDES:
- Electrical Surface Heating
- On-site pre weld heat treatment of all welded structures
- Stress Relieving on pipes and vessels
- Refractory dry out
- Ladle drying
Heat Treatment - Gas Division
HIGH VELOCITY GAS BURNER EQUIPMENT
ZA Heating & NDT Services cc can offer the highest quality service providing high velocity gas units for:
- Refractory Dr-out and curing
- Temporary Furnaces
- Post weld heat treatment of large fabrications by direct firing.
ZA Heating & NDT units are fully mobile and economical to use.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE COMPANIES FOR WHICH GAS HEATING HAS BEEN CARRIED OUT:
- ELGIN ENGINEERING
- Metso ND Engineering
- Saiba Engineering
- Channel Engineering
Refractory Dry/Out Curing
- There is more awareness by vendors and owners alike of the importance of proper dry out or heat up. It is imperative that all parties work together to make sure a dry out is done thus maximizing the performance of the refractory lining.
- Many vendors and owners are stopping the practice of cooling down furnaces (etc) for inspection after heat up.
- A dry out should be considered if permanent burners do not have the turndown ratio for low-temperature control and uniformity.
- It is important in preparing for a dry-out, accessibility outside of man way for burner, air fan and gas train. To install the above anything from a height of 5m without a platform or scaffolding is difficult and unsafe, without proper planning and co-ordination.
- Try and exhaust from the highest possible elevation. It may be necessary to control the exhaust with a temporary damper plate.
- Very little research has been done on refractory dry-out. Knowledge has gained from studies and practical field experience
- The post weld heat treatment of large work places has to be done on site.
- ZA Heat & NDT Services cc makes it possible to carry out on-site post weld heat treatment of large components, fixed and mobile furnaces can also be arranged and utilized.
POST WELD HEAT TREATMENT OF LARGE FABRICATIONS BY DIRECT FIRING
- Certain work places are too large or uneconomical to fit into a furnace for post weld heat treatment. ZA Heating & NDT Services therefore thus supply gas burners that may be utilized to perform this function to clients specification.